The Music of Central
The ministry of Music and Worship at Central Baptist Church exists as a means by which we perfect the skills and gifts that God has given to each of us, through music education, teamwork, and sharing of those skills in worship and ministry in the church as well as in our community and world. Every person is called, equipped, and designed to worship God with our whole being.
There is a place for every person in the music ministry. Central offers the very best in music education and preparation for all age groups.
- SANCTUARY CHOIR – The main worship leadership force in Central, singing and leading in the 10:45 a.m. Sunday worship service. This group is open to all, and rehearses each Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the Music Suite, located on second floor of the South wing.
- THE SENIOR ADULT “Wise Old Owls” CHOIR – A weekly gathering of senior adults, this group meets on Mondays at 1:00 p.m. in the music suite, and exists for the purpose of musical fellowship and worship leadership by way of special services. Membership is open to anyone age 55 and above.
- CITYChoir – is a student choir from across the Marshall area made up of those in junior and senior high school, meeting for several weeks each semester, four times annually, for a choral “intensive” and includes the areas of drama, interpretive dance, individual solo performance, and ministries in unique ways to those in need in our community. “Hands on” work as a group in construction, clean up, and home improvement in ministry situations is a great part of the mission of this group. Membership is open to all in this age group.
- PRESCHOOL and CHILDREN’S CHOIRS – Designed to give children a Christ-centered music education, the children’s music ministry of Central is coordinated by Sandi Parks and Mary Simmons, both veteran public school educators with a combined experience of sixty years. Preschool Choir, for those age four and five meets in the first floor Preschool suite. Children’s Choir, for those in grades 1 through 6, meets in the Children’s wing, on third floor South wing. These groups meet weekly during the school term from 5:00 p.m. until 5:45 each Sunday.
- The Central Drama Team – leads in worship through the spoken word in various forms. The group meets as needed prior to worship service on Sunday mornings. The group is open to anyone wishing to lead in our worship services.
Contact Don Parks, Minister of Music and Senior Adults